Stamford Pediatrics automates how we reach you for confirming and reminding you about appointments. You will be receiving appointment information by text and email. We hope this is more convenient for our families. We realize that everyone is busy and this will be one less phone call to answer!
We are posting this to notify everyone of this new service
- Reminders will go out by email and text unless you choose to opt-out of one or the other – See below:
- Families will get a reminder 3 days prior to appointment.
- Families will get a reminder on the appointment day 2 hours in advance of the appointment unless the appointment is before 10 am, then the reminder will be the night before.
- Families who opt-out of email and text will receive an automated phone call ONLY if you have a home phone number listed with us.
- Families who opt-out of email and text and do not have a home phone number will NOT receive any confirmation of their appointments.
- Families will no longer be receiving appointment confirmation calls from our office.
- Families will also receive messages reminding them that their child(ren) are due or overdue for appointments.
If you DO NOT wish to receive email or text, you will have the ability to opt-out. Please note no addresses will be shared, sold or used for any other purpose. The email/text does not go through a secure channel which is why the opt-out option is available. We will not include any clinical information in these communications.
You have to opt-out of email and text separately. For instance, you can opt out of email but continue to receive texts or vice versa. If you opt-out of either email or text, you will not receive further communication in that way without contacting us to request to be turned back on.
The emails/texts/home phone calls will be sent to the emails and phone numbers we currently have on file. If you would like to make sure your information is accurate, you can call our office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to offer this great new service and hope you will find it helpful!