Welcome to Stamford Pediatrics
Whether you are new to the practice or we have been caring for your children for years, it is our pleasure and honor to care for your family. We are proud of the practice and are pleased you have selected us. Our site is organized into several sections with useful information for both existing and prospective patients.
GREAT NEWS! Updated 5/25/17
Starting in June 2017, we are excited to share we will be automating how we reach you for confirming and reminding you about appointments. You will be receiving appointment information by text and email. We hope this is more convenient for our families. We realize that everyone is busy and this will be one less phone call to answer!
We are posting this to notify everyone of this new service
- Reminders will go out by email and text unless you choose to opt-out of one or the other – See below:
- Families will get a reminder 3 days prior to appointment.
- Families will get a reminder on the appointment day 2 hours in advance of the appointment unless the appointment is before 10 am, then the reminder will be the night before.
- Families who opt-out of email and text will receive an automated phone call ONLY if you have a home phone number listed with us.
- Families who opt-out of email and text and do not have a home phone number will NOT receive any confirmation of their appointments.
- Families will no longer be receiving appointment confirmation calls from our office.
- Families will also receive messages reminding them that their child(ren) are due or overdue for appointments.
If you DO NOT wish to receive email or text, you will have the ability to opt-out. Please note no addresses will be shared, sold or used for any other purpose. The email/text does not go through a secure channel which is why the opt-out option is available. We will not include any clinical information in these communications.
You have to opt-out of email and text separately. For instance, you can opt out of email but continue to receive texts or vice versa. If you opt-out of either email or text, you will not receive further communication in that way without contacting us to request to be turned back on.
The emails/texts/home phone calls will be sent to the emails and phone numbers we currently have on file. If you would like to make sure your information is accurate, you can call our office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to offer this great new service and hope you will find it helpful!
Good News – CDC Updated Gardasil 9 Schedule to require only 2 doses for children under 15 years old.
In July 2017, we surveyed patients in both offices about their experiences with our Practice.
New Mom’s Group
The New Mom’s Support Group is a bi-monthly informal meeting for moms of newborns held every other Wednesday from 1 pm to 2 pm in our Darien office. The goal of this group is to assist in making this exciting but scary and exhausting period in a parent’s life as fulfilling as possible and to serve as a support system. It is a place to share concerns, questions, and experiences.
Click here for more info and dates for the upcoming events.
Link of the Month
PREVENTING DOG BITES:
Now that the warmer weather is here, many of us are out and about more, more active in our homes and outside our homes. Dog bites are most common among children and also most serious to children when they do occur. Most children who are bitten know the dog. There are steps you can take to prevent dog bites.
There are no weather alerts at this time.
Exciting News from Stamford Pediatrics!
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Alicia Salas will be joining our practice in mid-June. Dr. Salas is an experienced pediatrician practicing general pediatrics for four years in Hoboken, NJ.
Patient Centered Medical Home
We are proud to announce that Stamford Pediatric Associates is a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), as accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). As a NCQA-Recognized medical home we ensure that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high-quality care. As your medical home, we will work together as a team to meet all your healthcare needs.
Make a payment
Make payments online easily and securely to Stamford Pediatric Associates. Please click the button below that says Pay My Bill!Pay My Bill
Why keep your child in a rear facing car seat until 2 years old? Watch this video and you’ll be convinced!
Safe Sleeping Tips from the AAP – Please click here to download this important flyer.
Recent Blog Posts
- Teenage Boys Less Likely to Report Concussion Symptoms For Fear of Being Viewed as “Weak” - Male and female high school athletes have similar knowledge regarding the symptoms of a concussion, but a recent study suggests that male athletes are much less likely to report symptoms due to concerns of appearing “weak”. The differences between male and female reporting were especially evident in male dominated sports. In general, boys were anywhere […]
- Early Exposure to Peanut May Decrease Risk of Future Peanut Allergy - Peanut allergy has been on the rise over the past decade. Interestingly, in Israel, where babies are fed a peanut powder covered snack food called Bamba, there is a remarkably low incidence of peanut allergy. Allergists in the US took note and are now recommending early exposure, i.e. before 6 mos. of age to help […]
- Screen Time Linked to Increase Risk of Diabetes in Kids - A new study published in the British Medical Journal showed that the kids who spend more than three hours per day in front of devices such as smartphones and tablets, watching television, or playing video games are at greater risk to develop diabetes. These children are more likely to have a higher percentage of body fat […]